Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Crème Brulee

My Crème Brule was a little runny and didn't set properly. I wonder if the recipe requires gelatin? Maybe something I could play with next time. Other than that it was really creamy and rich - so good!
Ingredients
Water bath

Torching the top

End result

I used 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste instead of an actual vanilla bean. And I would suggest sprinkling caster sugar on the top instead of brown sugar. I found that the brown sugar burnt more quickly. Also, sprinkling 2 teaspoons of sugar is not enough. More like a heaped tablespoon.
Here's the recipe I followed.

1 comment:

  1. It looks delicious and it's the taste that counts :) Did the custard become very thick and did it chill enough? It looks like you used quite a few egg yolks so it should have set :)

    ReplyDelete