The final result
Butter cream frosting
I had baked the butter cake the night before because I knew I'd be short on time. I doubled the mixture because this tin is an extra large one (I think it's 12 inch pan from memory)
I tried to carve the sides to round it off a bit and then used these crumbly bits on the top of the cake to give it a "fuller figure"
After spreading the butter cream frosting
First layer of fondant - the actual butt cheeks.
I was quite frustrated already at this stage because my fondant kept cracking. You can probably see the crack (HAR!!!) on the left butt cheek. It was the best I could do because I had rolled and re-rolled this fondant at least 5 times already. I figured most of it would be covered so I should be safe enough.
At the top of the cake. This was the easiest part of decorating because it was plain white so I didn't have to dye it and knead it.
After abondoning the idea of a tool belt and tools, I changed it slightly to have a waste band with loops instead.
I was quite pleased with my end result. However, the cake itself was a bit too dry. Since I had to double the quantity, the timing was a little wrong on my part and I overbaked it. Also, I needed to use more butter cream frosting (1/2kg was not enough). Still, overall I was happy enough. And people still ate it whilst laughing away. That's successful to me : )
Happy 30th Larry!
Love you with all my heart!