Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nina & Karl's Wedding - 16 August 2009

How beautiful are weddings? Nina and Karl's was definitely no exception. Everything was perfect - from the flowers to the table arrangments and even the weather. Seriously, it was 29 degrees....on a winter day! And plan as you might but the weather is one thing you can not fix or change. So it was very fortunate.

Here is my dear friend on her wedding day (and the wedding party who all looked beautiful too).....and you Nina, looked absolutely stunning! It only seemed like yesterday we were in primary school playing netball : )

So how was the food? Very good. Usually at weddings the food can be a bit disappointing because there is so much to get out all at the same time, but I have to say it was really well done. Oh and I should add that the reception was at Waterview in Bicentennial Park at Homebush Bay.

Starters - Antipasto Platter
Assortment of salami, prosciutto, melon, leg of ham, fetta cheese in thyme and garlic oil, hommus, roasted eggplant, semi dried tomatoes, dolmades and assorted olives, served with Italian bread (great variety to start off with and get the appetite going)

Entree 1 - Marinated beef with fetta cheese, grilled tomato and herb oil (I received this entree and was very pleased)

Entree 2 (alternate)
Seafood antipasto plate with king prawns, oysters and smoked salmon (my husband was served this entree, lucky for me because I'm not a fan of cold seafood and he adores it. The report on this was the prawns were juicy and the seafood was very nice)



Main 1 - Veal osso bucco on soft polenta and orange gremolata (I only got a small taste of this but from what I had, it was really tasty. My husband loved it!)

Main 2 (alternate) - Roasted corn-fed chicken on garlic potato puree with roasted zucchini, capsicum and basil infused jus (Perfectly cooked, moist and succulent)

Dessert 1 - Date and pecan pudding with butterscotch sauce (so deliciously good.....)

Dessert 2 (alternate) - Passionfruit panna cotta with seasonal berries and biscotti (I absolutely loved this! It's inspired me to try panna cotta at some stage)

The Wedding Cake - and isn't it a spectacular looking one at that?
Alternate layers of Orange & Poppyseed and Chocolate (Being the miss piggy that I am, I tried both flavours.....yummmm)

Here is the happy couple cutting the cake

Congratulations Nina and Karl!
Wishing you a lifetime of love, laughter and happiness.
xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brenda. I just saw these photos on facebook. Everyone looks so beautiful. The food looks delicious and I love the smiles. :D hee

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a gorgeous wedding and isn't it such a serendipitous joy when wedding food is good! One is often condemned to eat dry, reheated food.

    ReplyDelete