2 cups Sushi rice (short grain)
3 cups of water
4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
NB: For every cup of rice you will need 1 1/2 cups of water
Method (rice cooker instructions)
1. Place 2 cups of rice in the rice cooker bowl and rinse it till the water is no longer cloudy.
2. Pour in 3 cups of water in and turn on the rice cooker.
3. Mix vinegar, sugar and salt and stir until sugar dissolves. Sprinkle over rice, slicing through rice with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps and distribute the vinegar evenly.
4. Cool rice quickly by fanning it for 5mins. Cover with a damp cloth to stop the rice from drying out.
Method (stove top intructions)
1. Place 2 cups of rice in saucepan and rince it till the water is no longer cloudy.
2. Add 3 cups of water and bring it up to the boil. Stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 12-15mins.
4. Remove from heat and stand covered for 5-10mins.
5. Follow instructions above from step 3 onwards.
I chose Sun Rice this time.
Very happy with this product as the rice turned out perfectly and I love the packaging. It has a re-sealable zip.
I don't have one of those wooden bowl type things that you are suppose to cool it in and I also don't have a wooden spoon, so a plastic one would have to do. Here I've sprinkled the vinegar mix and getitng ready to "cut" the rice
1 grated carrot
1 large can of tuna with roughly 3-4 tablespoons of mayo mixed in, and some salt and pepper to taste
The tuna and mayo mix