I know I've been terrible with the posts lately. I've taken a breather and looked to my inner child and this is what I come back with....the rainbow cookie.
I've seen the rainbow cake doing the rounds so I thought I'd try a rainbow cookie instead. Great for the kids to get involved and also the inner child in me. Requires a little bit more elbow grease as you have to work the colour through the dough but it's worth it when the kids see the end result. So much fun (a great excuse to get a bit messy with the flour and just enjoy it.....well for the kids anyway....mop and bucket for me afterwards was not so fun)
Straight out of the oven
And the kids cookies (the big one I made hehe)
The Jordster on the left and The Keanster on the right with his one lone cookie
Rainbow Cookie Recipe
- 200g room temperature butter- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla essence)
- 2 cups plain flour
- At least 4 different colour food dyes
1. Using the paddle attachment mix the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
2. Pour in the plain flour and mix again.
3. Divide into four balls.
4. Mix a different colour for each ball.
5. Flour the work bench and roll each ball out into a snake.
6. Place 2 snakes together (parallel), then the other 2 on top (so when you go to cut it you will have all four colours)
7. Cut along the snake (2cms thick) and roll each one out and press it down on the baking pan.
8. Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15mins