Wednesday, February 16, 2011

White Chocolate Mudcake (Valentine's Day)

After being together for 10 years, we don't really celebrate Valentines Day anymore. But this year as I was doing the mundane task of grocery shopping, Woolies marketing got me. They had set up a stand with all these Valentine chocolates and this caught my eye



It was cute and I figured I could always make a cake and place the chocolate on top as decoration. It's the best way to express my emotions....through food ; )

I chose a white chocolate mud cake with a white chocolate ganache.....chocolate overload? Nahhhhh!
Ingredients for cake
250g butter
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups castor sugar
150g white chocolate
2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 eggs
Ingredients for ganache
100g pouring cream
200g white chocolate
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Place butter, milk, sugar and chocolate in a bowl and place over a boiling pot of water. Stir until smooth



2. Place flour, baking powder, vanilla and eggs in another bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and beat until smooth



3. Pour the mixture into a greased tin and bake for an hour

Disaster strikes!

Freshly baked
I cut the top of the cake so the chocolate bar would sit ontop nicely

The ganache:
Again with the double boiler method melt the chocolate with the cream, stiring until smooth

Let it cool down for 10mins and you can pour it on the cake like that or whip it to stiffen it a little


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

1 comment:

  1. lols @ your oven disaster! that happened to me once and now i always put springform cake tins on a tray just in case hehehe

    ReplyDelete