Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mud Crabs - Ginger & Shallot

I'm not much of a seafood person, but when it comes to mud crabs...hor hor hor....I could eat a whole one to myself. In saying that, it needs to be cooked a special way. I don't like it just boiled and then eaten cold. No. It has to be cooked in a ginger and shallot sauce. And preferably with E-Fu noodles underneath to soak up all the sauce and juices. Like how my dad makes it. He makes the best mud crab in ginger & shallot sauce. Check it out...














Starting with the raw crabs....ewww.....they were live and he just chopped them up into pieces....I didn't take photos....luckily I was too late to catch that.














Next up, dipping them in cornflour and then throwing them in hot oil













All fried up













And the end result....
Marvelous!
My dad is my hero!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda- how did you find my blog so quickly? Curious- Nadi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- this looks like the crab they serve at chinese restaraunts! My dad is tried to make this but I don't think he fried the crab. It ended up all watery (but tasted good)- nothing like yours!

    ReplyDelete